- First, soak rice for at least 15 minutes to remove starch. Wash and set aside.
- Wash and chop all the vegetables and set aside.
- Then pour oil into medium-sized saucepan and heat until very hot.
- Add onion and fry until golden brown.
- Now add tomato puree and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 pint of water and stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Stir in all the vegetables, except the spinach, and bring to the boil.
Add the rice, stir, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until
rice is cooked and moist. If not, keep adding water until rice is cooked.
- Take the rice off the heat, stir in the spinach, mix thoroughly and add pepper or salt to season.
- o Cover and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.